“Prime Policy Group has been instrumental in assisting Energy Systems Group protect the tax deduction for commercial energy efficient property, and has helped lead the energy services industry’s successful efforts related to tax policy and tax reform. Our partnership with Prime has delivered tremendous value to ESG and contributed directly to the company’s long-term achievements.”
–Gregory F. Collins, President, Energy Systems Group
- Understanding the effective tax rate drivers for clients and their business units to inform strategy.
- Substantive relationships with Democrat and Republican tax writers in the House & Senate.
- Working rapport with decision makers at Treasury, the IRS and the White House.
- Prime’s tax practice includes more than 100 years of combined experience working with the issues and players critical to tax policy.
- Experience representing clients including US domiciled corporations, small business groups, non-profits, CFCs, and associations representing the every sector of the economy.
- Well-versed in developing and implementing strategies for major tax reform on specific issues including repatriation of profits, cost recovery provisions, LIFO, advertising expense deductibility, anti-inversion legislation and regulation, interest deductibility, manage and control provisions.
- Specific experience in helping to shepherd through the passage of numerous tax credits for businesses and employers including WOTC, alternative fuels credit and refueling property, production tax credit for renewable sources of electricity, repeal of the 3% government withholding tax for government contractors, unrelated business income tax credit, Sec 199 manufacturing deduction and rum carryover rule.