Abbi Stuaan Sothmann
Chief of Staff
Abbi serves to advance the internal operations and relations using proven communication skills developed from a diverse background.
- Serves as the liaison for President and CEO, Scott Pastrick, and Chairman, Charlie Black.
- Manages firm operations and internal relations.
- Coordinates marketing initiatives and development.
- Driven to achieve business goals through servant leadership.
- Accomplished in marketing and communication strategy creation.
- Experienced in event planning and management.
- National Association of Broadcasters
- Marriott International
- Advance Illinois
- State Farm
- BA (Writing) – Eureka College
- MA (Strategic Public Relations) – The George Washington School of Political Management
Did You Know?
- Abbi attended the same college as Ronald Reagan (Go Red Devils!).
- She has a cat named Eleanor after her favorite first lady.
- This is Abbi’s second time around as a member of the Prime Policy Group team.
Abbi Stuaan Sothmann, Chief of Staff at Prime Policy Group, serves as the liaison for President and CEO, Scott Pastrick, and Chairman, Charlie Black, working to advance internal operations and relations, and enhance the firm’s brand. Throughout her diverse career, Abbi has developed a strong sense of servant leadership.
Prior to joining Prime Policy Group in April of 2010, Abbi began her career as a member of the six-person DTV Transition team at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), preparing America for broadcast television’s conversion from analog to digital through a successful $1.2 million marketing campaign. She also worked in Marketing and Communications at NAB and assisted former CEO, David K. Rehr.
Abbi is accomplished in event management, having worked for Marriott Hotels. As a legislative contractor for Advance Illinois, she also orchestrated an annual policy forum, achieving a record attendance of state legislators. More recently, she served in the Public Affairs department at State Farm, focusing on internal communications and marketing initiatives, helping navigate the nationwide re-branding process.
As a Ronald W. Reagan Fellow at Eureka College, Abbi earned a Bachelor of Art in Writing. She also studied Strategic Public Relations and received a Master’s Degree from The George Washington University School of Political Management. Abbi is a member in P.E.O., the Illinois Society, the Illinois Group, serves on the Emerging Leaders Board of the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy, and the Eureka College Alumni Board. A native of Central Illinois, she currently resides in Washington, DC.