Energy & Environment, Financial Services, Tax, Tech/Telecom
Armstrong has been getting things done in Washington for more than a decade. Directly for Members of Congress and for Clients, he has developed astute game-plans including coalitions, communications, legislative and political strategies for positively affecting outcomes. Army’s work ethic and honesty are respected inside and outside Washington.
- Ten years advising House Republicans on policy and politics
- Ways & Means; Financial Services; Energy & Commerce; Appropriations
- Ran Leadership Program for House Republican Chiefs of Staff
- Former Board Member, House Bipartisan Chiefs of Staff Association
- Developed the REINS Act with Congressman Davis
- Drafted and shepherded legislation in Tax, Appropriations, Education, Regulation
- Strong Relationships in both wings of the Republican Party
- Expert on the House Republican Steering Committee
- Congressional Operations and Management
- Campaign Management
- PAC Management and Strategic Giving Advisor
- Presenter, Congressional Management Foundation, Congressional Institute, George Washington University Graduate School of Political Management, Saint Mark’s School on management, communications, energy, legislative affairs, budgets
- Chief of Staff & Counsel for
- Geoff Davis (R-KY), Deputy Republican Whip, Regional Chairman at NRCC and Ways & Means Subcommittee Chairman
- Keith Rothfus (R-PA), Financial Services Committee
- General Consultant on multiple successful campaigns
- Consulted for the National Republican Congressional Committee
- Established and Directed a PAC
- Legislative Director & Counsel for Rep. Geoff Davis (R-KY)
- Legislative Counsel for Rep. Geoff Davis (R-KY)
- The George Washington University,The Lloyd Elliott School of International Affairs, B.A. 2000
- The Catholic University of America,Columbus School of Law,J.D. Cum Laude, 2004
- Republican National Committee, Campaign Management School, 2008
- Stennis Congressional Fellow,113th Congress
Did You Know?
- Army built the first LAN network at his high school
- Army spent a season as a Ski Instructor in Vail, CO
Army has close ties in both wings of the Republican Party. Prime clients value his insights on House Republicans. He work includes Tax, Energy, Healthcare, Appropriations, Budget, Financial Services, Technology and Data. He possesses significant experience working with the Committees on Ways and Means, Financial Services and Appropriations.
Prior to joining Prime Policy Group, Armstrong served as Chief of Staff and Counsel to Congressmen Keith Rothfus (R-PA) and Geoff Davis (R-KY). Working with Congressman Davis, Armstrong coordinated the Congressman’s efforts as a Deputy Whip, Regional Chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, Ways & Means Subcommittee Chairman.
During his decade on Capitol Hill, Armstrong was repeatedly recognized by the Members, Leadership and his peers for producing excellent results. He presented repeatedly at the Congressional Institute’s Chiefs’ of Staff retreat and the Congressional Management Foundation’s program during New Member Orientation. He served on the board of the bipartisan House Chiefs of Staff Association and was a Stennis Fellow in the 113th Congress. Army’s legislative successes include securing policy victories in appropriations and transportation bills as well as writing and shepherding bills concerning tax, regulatory reform, privacy, and retirement savings.
Armstrong has a J.D. from the Columbus School of Law at Catholic University and his B.A. from the Elliot School of International Affairs at George Washington University. He and his wife, Meredith, live in Alexandria, Virginia with their son and dog.