State/Local Government, Transportation
Becky manages the firm’s transportation practice, representing public and private sector clients on issues with the federal highway, transit, motor carrier, highway and vehicle safety, rail, aviation, hazardous materials, pipelines, ports, maritime and transportation security programs. She has been delivering positive results for clients on transportation issues for nearly 20 years. This combination of substantive in-depth knowledge of federal transportation programs and relationships on Capitol Hill and in the executive branch enable her to develop and execute advocacy campaigns that consistently produce successful outcomes.
- Nearly 30 years of experience in Washington, including 10 on Capitol Hill and 3 in the Executive Branch
- Served as Republican Counsel to the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, advising both Republican and Democratic Members
- Background in all modes of transportation with specialty in highways, transit, motor carrier, vehicle and highway safety issues
- Manages and advises political action committees for several clients
- Received the Order of the Long Leaf Pine Award from NC Governor Pat McCrory in 2016
- Involvement in last seven major highway bills from executive branch, Congress or private sector perspectives
- Expertise in managing effective Congressional Fly-In’s and leveraging for positive legislative results
- Dynamic and creative presenter on legislative, regulatory and political issues
- Experience in managing successful coalitions to maximize achievement of client goals
- Long record of success in achieving client goals through the appropriations process
- Served on Bush-Cheney Transition Advisory Team for the Department of Transportation
- Republican Counsel to the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee; Ranking Member Rep John Paul Hammerschmidt (R-AK) and Chairman Bud Shuster (R-PA)
- Attorney, Office of the General Counsel, Office of Legislation, Department of Transportation
- Attorney, Office of the Chief Counsel, Research and Innovative Technology Administration, Department of Transportation
- Honors Attorney, Competitive two year program for law school graduates serving in various legal offices of the Department of Transportation
- Member of Kansas Bar Association
- Past President, West Point Parents Club, MD, DC, VA
- BA (English and Political Science)-Baylor University
- JD-University of Kansas
Did You Know?
- Becky collects elephants and at last count, she has 77 in her office.
- She fell in love with Washington while serving as an intern for Senator Bob Dole (R-KS) from her home State
- Becky is a proud Mom of a tennis coach and a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army.
- She serves as a Member of the DC Advisory Board and Mentor for the University of Kansas School of Law 6th Semester in DC
Becky Bentson Weber is a Managing Director at Prime Policy Group and manages the transportation practice. She has over 25 years of experience in transportation issues from executive branch, legislative branch, and private sector perspectives and joins Prime Policy Group from its predecessor, BKSH & Associates Worldwide. Becky represents public and private sector clients with legislative and regulatory issues with the federal highway, transit, motor carrier, highway and vehicle safety, rail, aviation, hazardous materials, pipelines, ports, maritime and transportation security programs. Becky received the Order of the Long Leaf Pine Award from North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory in 2016.
Prior to joining the firm, Becky served as a consultant for a prominent bipartisan government relations firm specializing in transportation, state and local government issues.
Becky served as Republican Counsel to the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on all matters under the jurisdiction of the Highways and Transit Subcommittee. In that capacity, she advised Members on a variety of surface transportation issues, including the federal-aid highway and transit programs, highway safety, motor carrier safety, hazardous materials and pipeline safety.
Before her service on Capitol Hill, Becky served as an attorney in several capacities at the Department of Transportation, including the Legislation Division of the Office of the General Counsel, Office of the Chief Counsel of the Research and Innovative Technology Administration and in the Honors Attorney program. In 2001, she served on the Bush/Cheney Transition Advisory Team for the Department of Transportation.
A native of Kansas, she holds a Juris Doctorate from the University of Kansas, a Bachelor of Arts degree from Baylor University and is a member of the Kansas Bar. She currently serves as a Member of the DC Advisory Board and Mentor for the University of Kansas School of Law 6th Semester in DC program. Becky resides in Falls Church, Virginia with her husband Luther and has two grown children.