Director of Research
Education, Energy & Environment, Judiciary, Public & Political Affairs, State/Local Government, Tax, Trade
Casie E. Daugherty, the Director of Research at Prime Policy Group, coordinates the members of the research team and provides support for the firm’s lobbyists. She also helps to lead the firm’s trade practice, where she covers client needs in relation to NAFTA, tariff action, and other trade-related actions.
- Helps lead the Trade Practice
- Assists clients in removing their products from proposed Administration tariff lists
- Authors Regulatory Report and Tracking Tariffs and Trade
- Manages and Assists in authoring the firm’s post-election and Congressional preview documents.
- Helped to Create the Prime Policy Group Tax Hub
- Speaks fluent French and conversational Arabic.
- Successfully advocated removing products from 301 tariff list
- Research Director at Prime Policy Group
- Assistant at the Office of International Student Life at the University of Georgia
- Office of Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA)
- BA – University of Florida
Did You Know?
- Casie is an avid supporter and season football ticket holder for her Gators. Saturdays in the Fall, she can be found cheering them on in the Swamp.
Casie E. Daugherty is a Director at Prime Policy Group, where she helps to lead the firm’s trade practice. In that capacity, she covers client needs in relation to USMCA/NAFTA, tariff action, CFIUS, and other trade-related matters and authors the firm’s trade publication, Tracking Tariffs and Trade. Casie has assisted clients in successfully removing some of their products from the Administration’s 301 China Tariff lists, and continues to work on securing product exemptions for other clients. In addition to her trade work, she works with the firm’s other lobbyists to assist clients with tax, energy and environment, and state and local issues.
Prior to joining the ranks of the firm’s lobbyists, Casie served as Prime’s Research Director for several years – the first to occupy that position at Prime, having been elevated to lead the team when Prime’s leadership decided to create a more formal research structure. Under her leadership, the research team provided support for the firm’s lobbyists and working directly with clients to monitor and provide detailed summations of Congressional hearings, track legislation relevant to client activities, and assist in writing white papers and memoranda on legislative issues. Casie and the research team also to prepared for, scheduled, organized and staffed fly-ins for the firm’s clients. Casie also managed the firm’s digital content, authoring the weekly Regulatory Report.
Prior to joining Prime Policy Group as an Intern in October 2010, Casie served in the office of Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA), where she assisted with health care and Judiciary Committee issues, as well as helping with the day-to-day functions of a Congressional office, such as answering constituent letters and emails. Before beginning on Capitol Hill, Casie worked at the Office of International Student Life at the University of Georgia, helping to coordinate events for its foreign students.
Originally from Dacula, Georgia, Casie graduated in 2009 from The University of Florida with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, while becoming fluent in both French and Arabic. She is currently pursuing her Master’s in Government with a concentration in Security Studies from Johns Hopkins University. Casie currently resides in Washington, D.C.