Erin Graefe Dorton
Public & Political Affairs, Tech/Telecom
Erin Graefe Dorton focuses on lobbying and government relations for Prime Policy Group clients on a wide range of issues. She has extensive Capitol Hill relationships, including with the House Democratic Leadership. For over 25 years, Erin has worked one-on-one with Members of the House Democratic Leadership and their key staff, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, as well as incoming Committee Chairs Richard Neal (House Ways and Means), Frank Pallone (House Energy and Commerce), and Nita Lowey (House Appropriations).
- Ran fundraising leadership programs for Members of Congress
- 10 years as lead fundraiser for the Democratic Party in conjunction with Members of Congress on Key Committees in the House of Representatives and Leadership
- Extensive experience in building relationships and navigating issues of importance between Congressional offices, local governments, and the corporate community
- Strong relationships with Democrats in both the House and the Senate
- Speaks French
- Fundraising Consultant, having served as a political fundraiser for 13 years
- PAC Management & Strategic Giving advisor
- Vice President at the Glover Park Group
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Convention Director 2000
- Consultant to Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee for Convention 2004
- Special Assistant to then Democratic Unity ’98 Chairperson, Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
- BA (History)- Boston College
Did You Know?
- Erin was an au pair in France after college
Erin Graefe Dorton, a Managing Director at Prime Policy Group, represents a diverse portfolio of issues for clients including federal representation of state and local governments. She has an extensive network of Capitol Hill relationships, notably with the House Democratic Leadership. For over 14 years, Erin worked one-on-one with Members of the House Democratic Leadership and their staff, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, as well as House Appropriations Committee Chair Nita Lowey (D-NY).
Earlier in her career, Erin spent nine years at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), where she began developing a track record of working with nearly every Democratic Member of the House of Representatives. While at the DCCC, Erin worked in various key political, fundraising, and corporate outreach roles. Her extensive experience in building relationships between Congressional offices and the corporate community became an even more critical asset after Democrats regained the House majority in 2018.
Prior to joining Prime Policy Group’s predecessor firm, Timmons and Company, Erin spent four years as a Vice President at the Glover Park Group where she represented the firm’s corporate, non-profit, and trade association clients with a focus on aviation, telecom, agriculture, and pharmaceuticals.
A graduate of Boston College, Erin lives in Chevy Chase, Maryland with her husband, Patrick, her daughters Lily and Eliza, and her son Logan.