Jacob D. Beaver
Research and Communications Manager
Energy & Environment, Healthcare
As Research and Communications Manager, Jacob coordinates the research team to provide support for the firm’s lobbyists and to work directly with clients to monitor and create detailed summations of Congressional hearings, track legislation relevant to client activities, and assist in writing white papers and memoranda on legislative issues. Jacob and the research team also prepare for, schedule, organize and staff fly-ins for the firm’s clients. Jacob also manages the firm’s digital content, editing many of the firm’s publications and newsletters.
- Manages the firm’s research team to best provide support to clients and work directly with clients
- Monitors legislation, covers Congressional hearings, and provides research memoranda
- Editor of communications from the firm, from policy pieces to proposals
- Composes periodical legislative and regulatory updates
- Proficiency in French
- Experience in drafting floor statements for members
- Excels in editing
- Associate, Prime Policy Group
- House Ways and Means Health Subcommittee (Intern)
- Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-PA) (Intern)
- House Financial Services Committee (Intern)
- BA (History) – University of Virginia
Did You Know?
- Jacob grew up in Winchester, England
- He completed Sierra Club’s 100K One Day Hike on April 30, 2016
- He successfully thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2018
Jacob D. Beaver is the Research and Communications Manager for Prime Policy Group’s research team. Jacob and the research team provide support for the firm’s lobbyists and work directly with clients to monitor and provide detailed summations of congressional hearings, track legislation relevant to client activities, and assist in writing white papers and memoranda on legislative issues. Jacob and the research team also prepare for, schedule, organize and staff fly-ins for the firm’s clients. Jacob also manages the firm’s digital content, editing many of the firm’s publications and newsletters.
As a member of the research team, Jacob also helps a number of different lobbyists in different practice areas, covering congressional hearings and providing detailed summaries, organizing meetings between clients and Members of Congress and their staff, as well as performing in-depth research and preparing reports on legislative issues relevant to client interests. He was previously the healthcare team’s lead researcher, and helped create the firm’s healthcare newsletter, Healthcare Today, where he compiled and helped draft analysis on weekly healthcare news for healthcare clients.
Jacob came to Prime in June 2014 from the House of Representatives. He worked with the House Committee on Ways and Means Subcommittee on Health from August 2013 – June 2014, where he assisted in day-to-day operations of a Congressional office, as well as providing summaries of healthcare-related reports and journal articles for Subcommittee staff. Jacob has also interned in the office of Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-PA) and with the House Committee on Financial Services.
Jacob is from Alexandria, VA, and graduated from the University of Virginia with a Bachelor of Arts in History. An avid hiker, Jacob completed the Sierra Club’s 100K One Day Hike in 2016 and successfully thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail northbound in 2018, completing the journey in 160 days. He currently resides in Washington, D.C.