International Relations, Trade
Lisa plays key role in working with the firm’s international client base and in advancing the firm’s international marketing goals.
- Advises and supports client efforts to resolve long-standing trade dispute with an African nation
- Advocates for our clients on a broad range of foreign policy, trade and international marketing issues.
- More than 20 years of policy experience
- Vast network of international contacts which span government and private sector organizations
- Developed Public Relations and government campaigns for domestic and international clients
- Lisa has worked with a number of foreign countries around the world to help conduct stronger, more transparent, electoral processes.
- Program Manager at Commonwealth Consulting Corporation
- Human Rights and Foreign Policy Steering Group, 1996 Dole Presidential Campaign
- Corporate Counsel for Africa’s National Taskforce on AIDS
- BS (Political Science)- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- MA International Transactions from George Mason University.
Did You Know?
- Lisa can (and usually will) tell you how a movie will end in the first ten minutes it is on.
Lisa Cotter Colangelo joined Prime’s predecessor firm, BKSH & Associates, in 1996. She remained with the firm for ten years until becoming a Senior Consultant to the company in 2006, where she continued to actively support the firm’s international client base and international marketing efforts. While a consultant to Prime, Ms. Cotter Colangelo also founded and operated an independent government relations firm which provided public affairs and media relations support to a variety of domestic and international clients over a ten year period. She re-joined Prime as a Director in October, 2015, to play a key role in working with the firm’s international client base and in advancing the firm’s international marketing goals. Overall, Ms. Cotter Colangelo has nearly twenty-five years of experience in public relations, public affairs, trade, and the development of media and communications strategies.
Lisa also has a great deal of experience in representing governments, opposition political parties and leaders in Washington, D.C. and in preparing countries for conducting democratic elections. She has worked closely with many of the country’s leading democracy and human rights groups in support of clients. Her international experience spans the globe and includes work in Africa, Central and South America, Europe, Asia, the Newly Independent States and the Middle East. She maintains a strong network of public and private sector contacts around the globe which she routinely calls upon to support client goals and objectives.
Lisa has also successfully represented the interests of a variety of international clients in the trade arena in Washington, D.C. In that capacity, she has created and managed several broad-based business coalitions for the purpose of opposing unfair charges of dumping in the U.S. marketplace.
Lisa previously served as a Program Manager at Commonwealth Consulting Corporation, where working closely with a former Special Assistant to President Reagan for National Security Affairs, she developed and coordinated public relations and government relations campaigns for domestic and international clients. Lisa holds a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and a Master’s degree in International Transactions from George Mason University. She provided volunteer support in the media arena to the 2008 McCain Presidential Campaign and was also a member of the Human Rights and Foreign Policy Steering Group for the 1996 Dole Presidential Campaign. Lisa previously served as a member of the Corporate Council on Africa’s National Task Force on AIDS. She is conversant in Spanish. Lisa splits her time between Washington, D.C. and Richmond, Virginia, where she resides with her husband and two daughters.