International Relations, State/Local Government, Trade
Owen Taylor is a Client Staff Assistant with Prime Policy Group and a member of the firm’s research team. He assists a number of lobbyists working in various practice areas by performing in-depth research and monitoring of legislative issues relevant to client interests.
- Assists the research team in legislative and policy research
- Provides executive assistance to Vice Chairman John Tanner
- Fluent in German and Bulgarian
- Broad personal exposure to a wide variety of cultures
- Valuable experience and skills organizing, planning and executing complex projects on a budget
- Consular Affairs Intern, U.S. Embassy, Berlin, Germany 2014
- Page in South Carolina General Assembly – state Senator Creighton Coleman (D-District 17)
- Grassroots campaigner for local office candidates
- BA – University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Did You Know?
- In 2008, Owen visited friends in Mitrovica, Kosovo during the country’s transition to independence. NATO’s KFOR peacekeeping forces entered as tensions escalated between the city’s ethnic Albanian and Serbian populations.
Owen Taylor is a Client Executive with Prime Policy Group and a member of the firm’s research team. He helps a number of lobbyists working in various practices areas by providing detailed summaries of congressional hearings, organizing meetings between clients and Members of Congress and their staff, as well as performs in-depth research and monitoring of legislative issues relevant to client interests. He is also closely involved with Prime’s transatlantic team and serves as an assistant to the firm’s Vice Chairman and former Member of Congress, John Tanner.
Owen joined Prime in February 2016 after completing his bachelor’s degree in December 2015. During that time, Owen worked in the South Carolina Legislature as well as helped direct various campaigns for local public offices. Spending years in post-Communist Eastern Europe made him a student of world geography, of international current events and of how history, public policy and international influences affect the lives of the citizens of countries in transition. He gained further experience in a foreign affairs environment through a 2014 internship at the U.S. Embassy in Berlin, Germany, where he reported directly to the Consul General.
With deep family roots in South Carolina, Owen graduated from the University of South Carolina with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and German. He currently resides in Arlington, VA.