State/Local Government, Tax, Transportation
Owen Taylor is an Associate with Prime Policy Group and a member of the firm’s research team. He assists a number of lobbyists working in various practice areas by performing in-depth research and monitoring of legislative issues relevant to client interests.
- Drafts bi-monthly legislative reports for multiple transportation clients
- Executes client fly-ins
- Helps coordinate the firm’s client and new business development team
- Consular Affairs Intern, U.S. Embassy, Berlin, Germany 2014
- Page in South Carolina General Assembly – state Senator Creighton Coleman (D-District 17)
- Grassroots campaigner for local office candidates
- BA – University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Did You Know?
- In 2008, Owen visited friends in Mitrovica, Kosovo during the country’s transition to independence. NATO’s KFOR peacekeeping forces entered as tensions escalated between the city’s ethnic Albanian and Serbian populations.
- Owen is fluent in German and Bulgarian
Owen Taylor is an Associate with Prime Policy Group and a member of the firm’s research team. He helps a number of lobbyists working in various practices areas by providing detailed summaries of congressional hearings, organizing meetings between clients and Members of Congress and their staff, as well as performs in-depth research and monitoring of legislative issues relevant to client interests. In the 115th Congress, Owen has specialized in monitoring the administration’s regulatory rollback of the new Department of Transportation, as well as closely monitored emerging details of the administration’s infrastructure package and comprehensive tax reform plan.
Before joining Prime in February 2016, Owen worked in the South Carolina Legislature as well as helped direct various campaigns for local public offices. He gained further experience in a foreign affairs environment through a 2014 internship at the U.S. Embassy in Berlin, Germany, where he reported directly to the Consul General.
With deep family roots in South Carolina, Owen graduated from the University of South Carolina with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and German. He currently resides in Washington, DC.