Pat has more than thirty years of experience in the corporate and government relations field, including as NASA’a chief of External Relations.
- Assists clients on corporate policy and public perception
- Conducts Outreach Activities on behalf of a national disabilities organization
- Deep Relationships in Central Europe
- Top-Level Presidential Campaign Experience
- Substantive experience in both the pulp and paper industry
- Government Relations Professional- Garvey, Schubert and Barer
- Chief of External Relations- NASA
- Deputy Director- NASA Office of Congressional Affairs
- Manager of Government Relations- General Electric
- BA – Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service
Did You Know?
- During his time in charge of NASA’s External Relations Operations, Pat was successful in obtaining President Reagan’s approval to have a school teacher be the first civilian to fly aboard the Space Shuttle.
Patrick A. Templeton has more than thirty years of experience in the corporate and government relations field. In his capacity as Senior Consultant to Prime Policy Group, Pat assists the firm’s U.S. and foreign-based clients in a variety of areas, including corporate policy and public perception. He is also associated with major outreach activities of prominent national Disabilities organizations.
As a consultant, he has represented the interests of companies such as SAP, Volkswagen of America, DaimlerChrysler, Johnson & Johnson, and Pitney-Bowes, as well as the University of Southern California.
Pat maintains his involvement in a variety of political campaigns and served as a top-level volunteer in the presidential campaigns of Senator Bob Dole.
Prior to his government relations role with the law firm of Garvey, Schubert and Barer, Pat was NASA’s chief of External Relations, responsible for the Space Agency’s international, commercial, educational, and public affairs operations. His earlier service at NASA was in its Office of Congressional Affairs, where he served as Deputy Director.
Pat began his professional career at General Electric. Between 1970 and 1981, he was the Manager of Government Relations in three of GE’s businesses: Transportation; Communications; and Major Appliances.
Pat was born and raised in Los Angeles and spent two years attending school in Germany. He graduated from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service and served for two years as an Officer in the United States Army. Pat currently lives in Bethesda, Maryland with his wife.