International Relations, Tax, Trade, Transportation
Paul provides strategic counsel and public affairs representation for clients across a myriad of issue areas that include: tax and trade; public finance and infrastructure; education; and healthcare. Additionally, he helps to develop, manage and implement federal campaigns to effectively promote the client’s agenda through personal outreach and targeted messaging, as well as providing insight and long and short term forecasting to identify, pursue and respond to emerging opportunities and challenges.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of tax policy related interests before Congress and the Administration on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and family owned businesses
- Helped to realize critical support for free trade agreements while protection intellectual property rights
- Secured legislative goals in infrastructure investment, water resources, conservation
- Has represented Governors past and present
- Secured significant increases in healthcare and education investment
- Obtained significant authorization and appropriations legislative goals
- Crisis Management
- Public Campaign Strategy
- Chief of Staff – Resident Commissioner Aníbal Acevedo-Vilá
- Public Affairs Firm with a focus on Transportation Policy and Municipal Government Representation
- BA (Political Science and American History) – University of Vermont
Did You Know?
- Paul is a great cook and an award winning volunteer coach
Paul D. Weiss is a Managing Director at Prime Policy Group where he has served client interests since 2005. He provides strategic counsel and public affairs representation and focuses on transportation and infrastructure, homeland security, tax and trade, manufacturing, retail, education, and public health.
Previously, Paul served as chief of staff to Resident Commissioner Aníbal Acevedo-Vilá, who represented Puerto Rico during the 107th and 108th Congresses. There he handled a portfolio of legislative issues that included trade, economic development and tax as well as transportation and infrastructure. As Chief of Staff, Paul oversaw the administrative functions of the office.
Paul was influential in helping elect Acevedo-Vilá Governor of Puerto Rico in 2004.
A graduate of the University of Vermont, Paul holds a Bachelor’s degree in political science and American history. He resides in northwest Washington, D.C., with his wife Mary Nell and their two sons.