Education, Energy & Environment, Transportation
He has been delivering results in Washington for more than 15 years. As a senior Congressional staffer and trusted advisor to corporate and association leaders, Stefan has a well-earned a reputation for energetic, proactive approach to solving problems and creating opportunities. He is adept at working across party lines, and providing the policy insight and strategic guidance that positively impact outcomes.
- 17+ years of experience in Washington, including 8+ on Capitol Hill
- Served on legislative staffs of Sen. Evan Bayh, and Reps. Baron Hill and Nick J. Rahall
- Aviation, energy and tax policy are major focus at Prime
- Manages and advises political action committees for several firm clients
- Established and help manage energy-related 501(c)(4) organization
- Success working with Members and staff of both parties
- Skilled at developing and effectively utilizing coalitions
- PAC management, fundraising and political strategy
- Accomplished presenter on policy/political matters
- Advisor to candidates for state/federal office
- Legislative Director for Nick J. Rahall (D-WV); Transportation & Infrastructure Committee Chairman
- Legislative Aide for Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN)
- Legislative Director & Communications Director for Baron Hill (D-IN)
- Served as interim Communications Director for Blue Dog Coalition
- Current vice president of Indiana Society of Washington, DC
- BA (Political Science) – The George Washington University
Did You Know?
- Stefan’s 4x800m relay team held his high school’s record for fastest time.
- His favorite authors are William Manchester, Mark Twain and Shelby Foote.
- Stefan is a die-hard fan of the Grateful Dead and Indianapolis Colts.
Stefan Bailey, a Managing Director at Prime Policy Group, has close to two decades of experience in Washington working to shape the outcomes of consequential policy decisions. After nearly ten years of serving as a senior legislative aide in the Senate and House of Representatives, Stefan joined Prime Policy Group, where he specializes in aviation, infrastructure, and energy policy and is a co-leader of the firm’s business development team. Stefan also manages several Political Action Committees (PACs) on behalf of firm clients.
Stefan provides strategic counsel to a diverse array of corporate leaders, trade associations and non-profit executives, and lawmakers on a wide range of issues, and has earned a strong reputation for using bipartisan collaboration and creative thinking to deliver meaningful results for the firm’s clients.
Stefan began his career on Capitol Hill via the influential role of Mail Clerk in the office of U.S. Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana. Stefan quickly advanced up the ranks to become a Legislative Aide handling a host of policy issues for the Senator, including tax and budget matters. Stefan also served as Legislative Director for Congressman Baron Hill of Indiana, where Stefan was as a principal point of contact with the Blue Dog Coalition – the House caucus of fiscally-responsible Democrats. Stefan briefly was tasked with directing the Blue Dog’s communications efforts.
Stefan also held the position of Legislative Director for Congressman Nick J. Rahall of West Virginia, who was the Ranking Democrat on the House Natural Resources Committee and, subsequently, the House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee. Stefan oversaw the Congressman’s legislative priorities and addressed issues ranging from surface transportation, aviation, water resources, and federal funding policy.
Stefan remains involved with the Blue Dog Coalition and helps advise candidates for federal and state office. He serves as Board President of the Indiana Society of Washington, D.C., and volunteers his time to raise funds for Food & Friends, the Washington-based nonprofit that provides meals, groceries, and nutrition counseling services to thousands of clients who have life-challenging illnesses and disabilities.
A native of Indianapolis, Stefan earned his Bachelor’s Degree from The George Washington University and lives in Alexandria, Virginia with his wife Anna and son Edwin.