Education, Energy & Environment, Transportation
He has been delivering results in Washington for more than 15 years. As a senior Congressional staffer and trusted advisor to corporate and association leaders, Stefan has a well-earned a reputation for energetic, proactive approach to solving problems and creating opportunities. He is adept at working across party lines, and providing the policy insight and strategic guidance that positively impact outcomes.
- 17+ years of experience in Washington, including 8+ on Capitol Hill
- Served on legislative staffs of Sen. Evan Bayh, and Reps. Baron Hill and Nick J. Rahall
- Aviation, energy and tax policy are major focus at Prime
- Manages and advises political action committees for several firm clients
- Established and help manage energy-related 501(c)(4) organization
- Success working with Members and staff of both parties
- Skilled at developing and effectively utilizing coalitions
- PAC management, fundraising and political strategy
- Accomplished presenter on policy/political matters
- Advisor to candidates for state/federal office
- Legislative Director for Nick J. Rahall (D-WV); Transportation & Infrastructure Committee Chairman
- Legislative Aide for Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN)
- Legislative Director & Communications Director for Baron Hill (D-IN)
- Served as interim Communications Director for Blue Dog Coalition
- Current vice president of Indiana Society of Washington, DC
- BA (Political Science) – The George Washington University
Did You Know?
- Stefan’s 4x800m relay team held his high school’s record for fastest time.
- His favorite authors are William Manchester, Mark Twain and Shelby Foote.
- Stefan is a die-hard fan of the Grateful Dead and Indianapolis Colts.
Stefan Bailey has more than 15 years of experience as a lobbyist and senior staff member on Capitol Hill. During the course of his career, Stefan has provided strategic counsel to a diverse array of corporate leaders, trade association and non-profit executives, and lawmakers on a wide range of issues.
During his tenure with Prime, Stefan has utilized his intimate knowledge of the political and legislative processes, and a bipartisan approach to advocacy to deliver meaningful results for the firm’s clients.
Stefan has gained considerable experience and recognition working on a wide variety of public policy issues before the federal government, maintaining a strong focus in the areas of energy and transportation. Stefan’s work on behalf of firm clients also encompasses tax policy, coalition building and political action committee (PAC) management.
Stefan’s government service began as a member of U.S. Senator Evan Bayh’s staff in Washington. Stefan also served as Legislative Director for Congressman Baron Hill of Indiana and Congressman Nick J. Rahall of West Virginia. Stefan was a principal transportation policy staffer for Mr. Rahall, who had served more than 30 years on the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.
Stefan works as an informal advisor for a number of federal and state candidates, particularly in his home state of Indiana, and serves as vice president of the non-profit Indiana Society of Washington, DC. A native of Indianapolis, Stefan earned his Bachelor’s Degree from The George Washington University and currently lives in Alexandria, Virginia with his wife, Anna.