Energy & Environment, Healthcare, Hospitality, State/Local Government, Tax
Through long time Capitol Hill service and moderate, bipartisan approach, she has earned the reputation as a trusted liaison between the Washington business community and Capitol Hill.
- Co-Chair of the firm’s Healthcare Practice
- Works closely with many of Prime’s hospitality clients on a variety of issues
- 36 Years Capitol Hill Experience—15 years at a Senior level
- Long-standing relationships with House Democrats
- Fundraising Counsel
- Advisor to candidates for state/federal office
- Helped to create the Blue Dog Coalition and was a senior level policy & political advisor
- Handled health care issues for a member on Ways & Means Committee for over 20 years
- Legislative Director- Rep. Ed Jones (D-TN)
- Staff Director- House Administration Committee Subcommittees
- Chief of Staff& Senior Policy Advisor- Rep. John Tanner (D-TN)
- Senior Whip floor staffer for Democratic Caucus for several years
- BA (Criminal Justice and Political Science) – The University of Tennessee at Martin
Did You Know?
- Vickie is an avid golfer and loves to scuba dive.
Vickie L. Walling, a Managing Director at Prime Policy Group, has over 40 years of legislative and political experience. She serves as a co-chair of the firm’s health practice and also works with a variety of the firm’s clients, including domestic businesses, multinational corporations and trade associations on federal legislative and regulatory issues.
Vickie joined the firm after 36 years of Capitol Hill experience. She is widely recognized for her assistance and guidance in the creation of the Blue Dog Coalition, a coalition of moderate Democrats where she provided strategic, legislative and fundraising counsel for 15 years. Beginning in 1989, she served as Chief of Staff for Representative John Tanner (D-TN). In that position, she served as his chief legislative and political advisor, Leadership liaison, supervised a 20 person legislative and administrative staff in four different offices and assisted the Congressman in his House floor responsibilities as a Chief Deputy Whip for the Democratic Caucus.
Prior to her work for Congressman Tanner, Vickie worked for Representative Ed Jones (D-TN) where she served in a variety of positions from Legislative Director to Staff Director for 2 different House Administration Committee subcommittees.
Because of her long time Capitol Hill service and her moderate, bipartisan approach, Vickie has earned the reputation as a trusted liaison between the Washington business community and Capitol Hill.
Vickie received a Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and political science from the University of Tennessee at Martin. She currently resides, in Arlington, Virginia.